Friday, January 21, 2011

Cupcakes topped with icing!

Recently my mom got me these silicone cup cake holders and I bought a box cup cake decorators to go with it. Mainly because they looked so pretty,  Pink and purple hearts, golden sprinles and stuff like that. So  I have been dying to to try these out.
The cup cakes I made are plain vanilla cup cakes and I used chocolate and vanilla icing on the top.

Ingredients:
150 gms butter
150 gms casto sugar
175 gms self raising flour
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence

Procedure
Beat the eggs together with a fork till light and frothy
Add all the other ingredients and beat with an electric mixer for about
2-3 minutes
Now lightly butter the cake cups and pour in the batter
Bake in the oven/microwave  till mixture has risen and firm to touch
Allow to cool completely before icing

Icing Recipe
Ingredients
150 gms butter
250 gms sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp hot water

Procedure
Beat together the butter and sugar with an electric beater
Then add in the essence and water. Beat untill smooth and creamy.

(for chocolate icing in place of vanilla essence add in 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.)

No comments:

Post a Comment