Friday, July 15, 2011

Egg Fried Rice

Last night I had no vegetables in my vegetable tray except for two very lonely looking bunches of spring onions. Then i noticed I also had eggs and decided on egg fried rice! Whew! I think the whole process of deciding what to make for a meal is more exhausting than the cooking itself. so here goes -
Ingredients
1 cup cooked long grained rice
4 eggs, beaten
2 bunches of spring onion, chopped
greens chopped seperately
3 green chillies, chopped
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp pepper powder
salt tp taste
1 tbsp oil
Heat the oil in a pan
stir fry the onions
Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for about a minute
Add green chillies, tomato sauce, pepper powderand fry for another minute
Now add the beaten eggs and scrambble it
Next add the rice and the sring onions greens and stir it up well
Egg fried rice is ready!
I did not make any gravy with the rice, but you could serve some manchurian gravy along with it.
I made an instant manchurian soup instead to go with my rice.
** you can also add a whole lot of veggies in to your fried rice like carrots, french beans, peas etc**

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment