Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chocolate Mousse

I was having an intense craving for something really chocolaty when I made this and it was only chocolate mousse that I decided would satisfy my craving! But for some reason all the stores in my area were out of fresh cream that day. So I had to wait two whole days before I could satisfy my (still undiminished) craving! :).By the end of it though I sure was satisfied!!



Ingredients
2 eggs
3 tsp gelatine in 1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups milk
7 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
250 gms cream

Procedure
  • Mix gelatine in cold water in a small heavy, heavy bottomed pan. Leave aside for 5-7 minutes. Heat on a low flame to dissolve it. Do not let it boil. Keep aside
  • Separate eggs
  • Mix milk, sugar, cocoa and egg yolks in another heavy bottomed pan. Cook on a very slow fire, stirring continuously till custard coats the spoon
  • Remove from fire
  • Cool to room temperature. Add gelatine, stirring continuously
  • Chill in freezer till thick, but not set. Add 200 gms cream. Beat
  • Chill again till thick
  • Add stiffly beaten egg whites and essence
  • Pour into individual serving cups or a serving bowl
  • When set, whip 50 gms cream with 1 tbsp powdered sugar till soft peaks are formed. Chill the cream in an icing gun
  • Sprinkle with some powdered sugar and cocoa and decorate with whipped cream
Happy cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment